So once again my time with a group of students came to a close. Yesterday was my last day teaching the 7th graders at Heritage Middle School. Just like before, the last day was simply not long enough. In the 45 minutes, I had to have each student take 2 post assessments, calculate the flow rate of their “clogged artery”, get a tool together, and unclog their artery in the timed 2 minutes. Theoretically, we would have again calculated flowrate and even weighed how much plaque they removed from the artery, how much remained in the artery and how much fell through into the “bloodstream”. Unfortunately, we definitely ran out of time. Either way, I think all the students had fun, and the bell rang before I could say any closing words besides instructing them how to clean up. Oh well.
Another thought. Today after my SCD class, I spoke with one of my professors for a little while about my experiences teaching in Baltimore City. I’m starting to recognize the immense feeling of guilt that I can’t let go of for leaving. I’m not entirely sure why… I really love what I’m doing right now and so happy I made the decision. Also, I admit I was not the most amazing teacher, although I think I improved a lot over the 4 years and I am completely convince that the experinece changed my life for the better. And who knows where the future will take me? If only I can shake this feeling of guilt…
A few awesome points things to mention:
(1) I found out this week that I will be featured on the NSF (National Science Foundation) GK-12 fellowship website! I’m so psyched. I’m not up yet, but when I am, I’ll make sure to include the link.
(2) Based on the discussion that took place after my SCD class with the professors I’m almost 100% positive that I will be going to Nepal for a month this summer! I’m excited, nervous, anxious, and every other possible emotion that could be imagined…
(3) My friend Meagan is coming out to Colorado for Thanksgiving! Woohoo! I’m so excited!!
(4) I ordered the turkey for Thanksgiving! I can’t wait to embark on the first Thanksgiving dinner ever that I’m in charge of.
(5) This week of chaos and stress is finally winding down… one more day of possible stress (mostly it will be fun) and then vacation!
That’s all I can think of for now. I promise pictures for my next post. Promise promise.